Our Catholic Identity
Catholic education serves to support the healthy development of children and youth in a caring, Christ-centred learning environment. The London District Catholic School Board is rooted in Catholic education to embrace equity of outcomes for all students and grow to understand God’s loving embrace in the spirit of Jesus Christ.
Catholic Central High School will provide a Catholic learning environment, grounded in gospel values, which promotes the spiritual, intellectual, cultural, emotional, and physical growth of each student, in partnership with the parents, the Church, and the global community. By way of registration, each student at Catholic Central High School seals a covenant, thereby promising to participate reverently in all aspects of the school’s religious dimension, daily prayer, community masses, homeroom mass, school liturgies, and reconciliation. To celebrate the Eucharist as a community of faith, each member of our Catholic school community must embrace this treasured opportunity. All students are encouraged to participate to the fullest in all our liturgical celebrations by assisting with organization, song, prayer, or simply respectful reverence. Parents, as part of this community, are welcomed and encouraged to attend these liturgical celebrations.
Catholic Central High School Objectives
- To facilitate the creation of a Faith Community founded upon the conviction that Jesus lives among us as a mystery of love that is reflected in all facets of our shared endeavours, be they intellectual, spiritual, physical or moral.
- To assist each student in the formulation of values and standards which are Christian and Catholic in inspiration.
- To assist students in determining their strengths and weaknesses so as to provide them with programs that develop their potential to the maximum.
- To foster in students a reverence for learning and the desire to increase their knowledge.
- To encourage the fullest involvement of students in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities in recognition that their social development and personal growth are enhanced through this participation.
The Chapel in our school is central to everything in our building; in the same way our faith should be central in our lives. The Chaplain is available in an office located beside the Chapel, to serve as a listening ear in a safe, confidential place for students and staff. Chaplaincy offers programs for students to help them deal with various issues, and sponsors outreach programs such as food drives, and other fund-raising activities, to raise awareness and contribute to helping others both inside and outside of our school community. Throughout the school year, many opportunites are offered to our community to worship together through Masses and various liturgical celebrations. Classes are also welcome to plan and experience class Masses or prayer services in our Chapel. Days of Reconciliation are offered where local priests come to the school to offer our community the opportunity to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Our annual Prayer Crawl and several other prayer opportunities support our students as they deepen their relationship with our God.