- As students progress through high school, they are encouraged to discuss their plans with Guidance counsellors who are available to assist with academic, vocational or other concerns.
- Interviews with counsellors may be arranged through the Guidance office.
- Information is available to help students organize course selections carefully with regard to future plans.
- Each student is assigned to a particular counsellor and may request assistance anytime.
- Parents are also encouraged to make use of the resources available in the Guidance Centre.
- It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that they have the necessary requirements for admission to any post secondary institutions which they are considering attending.
- A visit to the Guidance Career Centre can be very rewarding. Career videos can be viewed and students may browse through the course calendars for colleges and universities in Ontario. An increasing amount of information is becoming available on C.D., the Internet and three computers are available in the Guidance Centre for student use.
To contact the Guidance Department call: (519) 660-2797 extension 23040 (Ms. Askew - Guidance Secretary). Our fax number is (519) 685-6054.
Students are assigned to counsellors based on the first letter in the student's surname:
A to F
G to M
N to Z